15 year old Hana has a crush on her 20 years old cousin Farook. However, he leaves to study medicine in Scotland. Her parents force her to marry another cousin, twice her age, a fat abusive chauvinistic brute. Ten years later, she has no children, and sinks into depression. Farook returns to Sanaa to set up an eye clinic next door.
She attempts suicide with sleeping pills, but Farook rushes over with his Indian nurse, with a gastric pump and rescues her. During follow up visits, the embers of her teenage love are reignited, and she declares her love to Farook, who learns about Gihad's brutality. She also confides stories about the involvement of her husband, and his brother Hamed, in arms sales, gang rapes and murder for organ harvesting from female medical students.
- Who is a chaste woman in the Land of Sheba?
- Book Signing at the Sharjah Book Fair Nov 5, 2015
- Message to Aylan Kurdi
- Meet Qais Ghanem, Author of Forbidden Love in the Land of Sheba and other stories
- A Luta Continua Radio Show: Monique Fuller Interviews Qais Ghanem
- From Left to Right: Book Review by Indian Poet Geeta Chabra